New Payment Options

Now accepting credit cards on non-bankruptcy matters. email me at debtfreedetroit@gmail.com

Monday, July 23, 2012


Chronological Diary My Adventure to Relinquish Vernon.  One man’s journey to get rid of a house he no longer lives in and does not want.

July 7 and July 8, 2012
I had been concerned about the city attaching notices to my door about the large amount of weeds in my uncut yard, so I enlisted the assistance of my father-in-law, brother-in-law, and cousin to assist in the task of weed whacking and mowing the lawn, this transpired over two days, lawn was completely mowed and bagged, and all garbage was packaged and ready to be set out on the curb on Tuesday night.  I must say, it looked really well too!

July 10, 2012
I visited the property to take the trash and yard clipping to the curb, from my weekend mowing and cleaning marathon.  I’s done so, and all was well.  Several yard bags, and three garbage cans of stuff! 

July 11, 2012
Returned to the house the next day, to put the garbage cans back in the shed at that time there was no evidence of Safeguard, since the back door was still intact.  The sheet of paper that I retrieved from the house on the 14th indicated that they were there on the 11th, so it must have been later in the evening after I left.

July 14, 2012
I made a routine visit to the house to check it out.  I noticed that Safeguard Properties broke into my house, changed the locks, stole a cooler of Gatorade and flat of water I had in a cooler, and fridge.  They stole my cooler!  In their effort to secure the property, they broke the window out of the back door, which by the way was locked and dead bolted, and did NOT have a gaping hole in the window, to replace the lock with their own, and add a lock box, which would have ordinarily worked if there was not a huge hole in the door where a window used to be.  So I reached in and unlocked the door and dead bolt.  Again, I reached in and unlocked the door!  Not very secure.  Upon entering the house that is when I found the paper on the counter indicating that Safeguard was there and they were the ones who broke into my house and stole my personal property.  I called them, at the number listed on the sheet, but it was a Saturday, and they were closed, I left a message for them to call me, but of course they did not. 

July 15, 2012
On Sunday, I repaired the back door by securing a piece of drywall and several boards to make the back door once again secure. 

July 16, 2012
Initial call to Chase, spoke with Conrad.  For the record, Conrad was really nice, and polite, no complaints.  I was told to fax a written request to Chase indicating that I would like to do a deed in lieu of foreclosure.  I drafted a letter and faxed it to 866-220-4130.  I was told to wait two to three business days for a reply, and if I did not hear from them, to call back.

July 19, 2012
I had not heard back, so I called them, spoke with Miranda, who in-turn transferred me to the . . . I don’t know, the short sale or deed in lieu department where I spoke with someone, I did not catch her name, she spoke to fast.  Anyway, she found my fax, and said she would expedite it to the short sale department, and that I should call back in 48 hours.

July 21, 2012
Mowed lawn at house, left lawn mower in the house, I did not feel like lugging it around, since I would be back to cut it again soon.

July 22, 2012
Received a message from Sam, the next door neighbor indicating that Safeguard was once again at my house, quite possibly taking more things out, and possibly the lawn mower, I don’t know yet update to come. 

July 23, 2012
Third call to Chase, spoke with Kimberly.  This was the first time in two weeks that anyone told me that I needed to list the property.   The first time anyone told me that I needed to fill out a packet specifically espousing my financial records and my “reason” for, or “hardship” in getting the bank to take back my house.    I have their packet now, and will begin the process for short selling the house! 

Here is the process from Kimberly’s mouth to the paper, house must be listed for a minimum of three months with a broker, and all paperwork has to be filled out and sent in including financial paperwork and the listing.  After certain releases are faxed, and certain papers are filled out, and three months come and goes, then maybe a short sale or deed in lieu will be considered.  Stay Tuned!!


Next I called the property preservation department, spoke with Istra, whom I explained all of the Safeguard issues to, she said that she would put in the request for them to stop, and that I should expect a call from them.  Well I am not holding my breath.  I explained to her that they stole personal property, and destroyed my back door.  I will post some pictures.  

No comments: